Monday, March 10, 2014

Top 20 Favorite Disney Movies List

This is my top 20 list of Disney Movies


20.) Peter Pan- Peter Pan is cute and does have an interesting storyline that appeals to young children and adults alike. I really like this movie and the characters are fun but however, there are some drawbacks. The racism in the Native Americans but hey this was created in the 1950's. Over all I highly top this in my perfect 20 reviews.

19.) Pinocchio- Pinocchio was the story about a little wooden puppet who of course dreamed of becoming a real boy. The movie is good and there are some flaws like the word jackass and some traumatizing scene of a boy turning into a donkey on pleasure island. The story though is classic and has good teaching morals that should be respected. The movie Pinocchio deserves to be on my top 20 list even though it is the least favorite.

18.) Alice in Wonderland- No this is not the horrible Tim Burton one, This is the classic 1950 one that i favored as a child, I really do recommend this movie because it has a fantasyland to it. Alice in Wonderland is cute clever and is charming; My favorite scene has to be the tea party scene and It's a bomb. Over all I added this in my top 20 list because it is a classic and it's great with children and adults.

17.) Snow White and The Seven Dwarves- This is disney's first film and I had to add it on this list. The movie's good and it appeals for children. I liked the plot and it revolves around the fairytale i grew up with. Some terrifying good scenes in this movie include Snow White in the dark forest and The evil Queen transformation into an old hag. This film though is another classic so i will definitely add this one on my list.

16.) Treasure Planet- This movie is more recent but I do like the plot and the characters. The effects are great and it makes this movie look science fiction. I also like the aliens and how they incorporated the book Treasure Island into this movie so overall I put this on my top list.

15.) Sleeping Beauty- Although this movie was ok, i really liked Maleficent and the Good Fairies. The plot is somewhat original to the fairy tale. But Maleficent sheds her power on this movie thus i grant this on my perfect 20 Disney movie. I also liked the plot and the characters are decent especially King Stefan. Though my favorite scene would be the drunk guy drinking with the kings.

  14.) The Princess And The Frog- The movie is fantastic and original, Having come out 5 years ago and I also liked the villain. He isn't naive but a very clever guy who likes scamming people into signing contacts. Anyways I rate this movie in my top 20 list. The music is fun too and it's great to see different ethnicities too. The movie is to see with children and adults

13.) Dumbo- Dumbo is a circus elephant that is separated from his anger management mother and is ridiculed for having big ears. I like this movie seeing some similarities with both me and Dumbo having grown up bullied, Dumbo is a charming movie that teaches us that it's not what's on the outside that counts but what is in the heart. Being kind to people different than us was I think what this movie taught me, Anyways I highly recommend this movie on my top 20 list

12.)  Cinderella-Growing up Cinderella was my favorite disney princesses, and it is one of my favorite movies as well. Cinderella was all that i partially was kind caring and best of all loved all animals including mice. Cinderella is charming classic film that has all sorts of colorful characters and the villain Cinderella's stepmother is very fantastic as well as her cold and cruel self. Over all I add this classic movie to my list as it is good for both kids and adults alike.

11.) The Little Mermaid- The Little Mermaid was a good film I watched as a kid and I frankly remember the crash the wedding scene, Yes it does have some flaws but this golden time deserved number 11 on my top 20 list. The Little Mermaid is clean fun and Ariel is caring. Ursula is a drama queen but that what makes a great villain so i add this to my list for both children and adults.

10.) The Emperor's New Groove- i remember this movie came out in 2000 and looking at it The only characters i liked was Ysma and Kronk. Anyways yes the movie is cheesy and isn't one of Disney's best. But I do like the plot and this is what makes a film timeless so this film i rate as number 10

9.) Lilo and Stitch- I also liked this movie because it is fun and cute, It is a little ugly duckling story that tells everyone that you should just be yourself and try to find a place in this world. The movie is cool as well as special effects. Over all i rate this as 9 because of the demographics.

8.) Tangled- Having watched Tangled once I can say this is a great disney film. It's cute the characters are funny and Mother Gothel is a great villain. I rate this as number 8 because of the cool scenes and character such as Rapunzel. Anyways the plot is great and this is what makes a film close. For children and adults i'd defiantly recommend this film.

7.) Hunchback of Notre Dame- A great movie and the characters are lifelike. I liked the characters like quasimodo and Frollo was a great villain. The songs are epic like Bells of Notre Dame and Hellfire. This disney movie is a classic and I do rate this as number 7 for my top list of children Disney movies. this movie is great and is my favorite movie.

6.) Aladdin- Aladdin would be the number 6 of my top disney movies- The movie is good and the genie is the only funny character. Jafar is a good villain and I wonder if they incorporated some of the Hunchback Of Notre Dame into this movie. But over all this is a classic for children to enjoy. so I rate this as number 6

5.) Hercules- Hercules was the greek story about the god Hercules who as an infant is kidnapped and turned into a mortal human. He was found and raised by a mortal couple and pretty much grows up different. Hercules is a pretty good storyline and the villain Hades is to die for. The songs in the movie are great as well and I also liked how they added a little greek mythology into the Disney version

4.) Number 4 would have to be Lady and the Tramp, This movie is also one of my favorites, Basically this gives the plot of what a dog life and how they view humans etc. Lady is one of the main  characters and you can pretty much feel sorry for her, With sudden changes like a new baby, her owners going on a trip and an evil witch moving with evil cats. Tramp is great as well with all the life he deals with. So yes I rate this movie as number 4 because it does charm both adults and children and the songs are great.

3.) The Lion King- The Lion King has to be on my top ultra most list of favorite Disney movies. The plot is brilliant and is somewhat like Shakespeare's Hamlet. The villain Scar is cold and cruel and just brilliant. I also like how they added this in Africa and that the songs are great as well. For those who want to see a great and fantastic movie The Lion King is the number 3 of my list

2.)Beauty and the Beast- Like the other movies, Beauty and The Beast is one of my favorite movies. The story is great the characters are amazing and Gaston is a great antagonist villain. It is one movie I shall never forget and it does carry a great message beauty is not on the outside but in. The songs are fantastic as well like be our guest and all others. so I rate this movie number 2.

1.) Frozen- I have to admit I didn't think of Frozen as my number 1 choice The Lion King, Beauty and The Beast and Hunchback were almost close but Frozen hits me because of a twist Disney did the villain Hans which is named for Hans Christian Anderson the author of The Snow Queen this movie is based on. Anyways this movie gave quite a shock impression when Hans reveals to be a cold cruel villain. I will admit the scene where he reveals his true nature to Anna is very intense and quite a shock. Anyways because i really really like this movie Frozen will be my number 1 movie. The songs are great the storyline is perfect and the characters pretty much show you that falling in love with some one you just met doesn't end always well. I like the theme it was pointing out as well and this is a great movie with children and adults alike

Well Although I love all the disney movies above none can never take my place as Frozen can. Thanks for reading and please comment below and tell me your favorite disney movie

No comments:

Post a Comment